Moderate in tenderness and beefy flavour. Best roasted at low temperatures. Carve thinly against the grain to serve.
HOW TO BOOKMARK
1. SAVE or BOOKMARK this page for later – Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your mobile device for future reference. You can revisit the nutrition section, recipes and more anywhere anytime!
HOW TO ADD BOOKMARK
OVEN ROAST | Recommended
1. Season roast. Place on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert oven-safe meat thermometer into centre of roast. Oven-sear in preheated 450°F oven for 10 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to 275°F; cook, uncovered, to desired doneness, removing from oven when 5°F (3°C) below desired finished temperature (145°F/63°C for medium-rare, or 160°F/71°C for medium, or 170°F/77°C for well-done).
3. Cover with foil and let stand for at least 15 minutes before carving into thin slices.
BBQ ROASTING | Alternate
1. Marinate for 4 to 12 hours: Pierce roast all over with fork. Place in large sealable freezer bag with 2 cups marinade (such as teriyaki sauce); refrigerate. Discard marinade and pat meat dry before cooking.
2. Fill drip pan with water and place under grill (off to one side). Preheat barbecue to medium-high (400°F).
3. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer into middle of roast. Place roast on grill over drip pan; turn off burner under drip pan.
4. Close lid and cook for about 30 minutes per 500 g (1 lb) for medium 160°F (71°C).