This premium oven roast has maximized tenderness at an intermediate price. Top Sirloin cuts have good beefy flavour.
HOW TO | Tips for using this app
1. SAVE or BOOKMARK this page for later – Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your mobile device for future reference. You can revisit the nutrition section, recipes and more anywhere anytime!
HOW TO ADD BOOKMARK
To bookmark a page in Chrome on your mobile device, use the “Share” button in your address bar.
Tap the Share icon at the bottom of the page. It looks like a box with an arrow pointing up.
In the Share menu, tap Add Bookmark. Enter a new name, if you like, or tap Save to save the bookmark under its original name.
Tap the Menu Button.
Tap Add next to Bookmarks.
Tap on the in the URL bar.
You will see the Page bookmarked notification.
OVEN ROAST | Recommended
1. Season roast. Place on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert oven-safe meat thermometer into centre of roast. Oven-sear in preheated 450°F oven for 10 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to 275°F; cook, uncovered, to desired doneness, removing from oven when 5°F (3°C) below desired finished temperature (145°F/63°C for medium-rare, or 160°F/71°C for medium, or 170°F/77°C for well-done).
3. Cover with foil and let stand for at least 15 minutes before carving into thin slices.
BBQ ROASTING | Alternate
1. Season roast or marinate for 2 to 4 hours. To Marinate: Pierce roast all over with fork. Place in large sealable freezer bag with 2 cups marinade (such as teriyaki sauce); refrigerate. Discard marinade and pat meat dry before cooking.
2. Fill drip pan with water and place under grill (off to one side). Preheat barbecue to medium-high (400°F).
3. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer into middle of roast. Place roast on grill over drip pan; turn off burner under drip pan.
4. Close lid and cook for about 30 minutes per 500 g (1 lb) for medium 160°F (71°C).
Buy 175 to 250 g raw beef per person for boneless roasts.
Roast without a lid for best browning.
Let roast stand at least 15 minutes after cooking to let juices settle.